Every Christmas and New year, my family and I would always visit different places in Leyte, one of our family hobbies.
Last 25th of December 2017, Christmas, we decided to visit / try beaches in Samar in which we found a good place.
A must- visit beach resort in Samar is the Caluwayan Palm Island Beach Resort in Marabut Samar.
About Caluwayan Beach Resort
It is located in Barangay Caluwayan in Marabut Samar. The resort can be reached by car – 45 minutes drive from Tacloban City, passing through the famous picturesque San Juanico Bridge that connects Leyte and Samar; and the ancient town Basey, which is famous for its unique cave and woven mat (banig). The resort can also be reached directly by boat from Tacloban City wharf.
They also offer possibilities for island hopping, rock climbing, other aqua-sports activities and sightseeing.
Entrance fee is only Php 20.
|Kayak Single||Php 200.00 per hour|
|Kayak Double||Php 350.00 per hour|
|Pump Boat||Php 400.00 per hour for 4 persons|
|Paddled Boat||Php 150.00 per hour for 2 persons|
|Cottage||Php 500.00 per day|
Caluwayan Palm Island Beach Resort
Brgy. Caluwayan, Marabut, Samar
Telephone Number: +63 977-354-5692/ +63 55 276-5206
How to Get to Caluwayan Beach Resort
In my case, since we used our private car, I asked people from the resort on how to get to Caluwayan via bus.
- From Tacloban City, go to the New Tacloban Bus Terminal.
- Take a bus or a shuttle (van) to Marabut.
- Note: The shuttle will leave until all seats have been occupied.
- Tell the conductor/ driver to drop you off at Caluwayan Beach Resort.
- Get off at Caluwayan Beach Resort. The bus/van will stop right at the entrance as the resort is just along the highway.